Marlig Fix-A-Leak is a blended concentrated liquid material designed to permanently seal small leaks & holes up to 1/8″ diameter in spa shells and swimming pool plumbing – quickly & inexpensively. Safe & easy to use, Marlig Fix-A-Leak has been thoroughly field-tested under various weather conditions, and has proven to be safe & extremely effective.
: seal leaks in pool and bath tubs
: is a blended concentrated material designed to seal leaks in virtually any material
: can be applied for leaks in the shell and works equally well in plumbing
: will seal holes 1/8″ in diameter
: will form a permanent seal
Marlig Fix-A-Leak is also great for preventative maintenance, to coat surfaces and cut down on formation of rust & corrosion. Dosage is 8 oz. per 1,000 gallons for minor leaks; use a second bottle for larger leaks. Treatment can be repeated if necessary. Do not use in excess of 1 quart per 5000 gallons of water. Available in both 8-oz. and 32-oz. sizes.
Directions (Shake Well Before Using)
- Bypass FILTER MEDIA before adding Fix-A-Leak to water. Sand Filters: set filter valve to recirculate Other Types: remove cartridges DE elements from filter tank. Then proceed to circulate through empty tank.
- With pump running add Fix-A-Leak slowly through skimmer or in front of any other suction intake.
- After adding Fix-A-Leak adjust suction to main drain. If this is not possible, the vacuum cleaner could be used alternatively, simply by placing the vacuum in deepest part of pool and connect to normal vacuum connection. Set filter valve to normal vacuum position.
- Fix-A-Leak is very heavy and will sink to the lowest point rather quickly. It must be stirred back into suspension, either manually using a pool broom or mechanically with an automated pool cleaner every 4-6 hrs. during circulation of water.
- Continue to recirculate water until the leak has stopped.
- Mark level of water in pool and check for 2-3 days to determine if the leak has stopped.
- After the leak has stopped and given the proper time to cure, (24-48 hrs.) you may return to normal filtration. Sand filters: Set filter valve to filter and resume normal operation. Backwash out unused Fix-A-Leak as required. Other Filters: Reinstall filter into tank and Resume operation. Rinse out unused Fix-A-Leak from filter as required.*NOTE* Never let cartridges or DE elements be left to dry before they are cleaned.
- Treatment can be repeated if necessary.
If you suspect a leak around fittings inside the pool (such as return fittings) lights, skimmer(s) or steps, etc.Shut down pump.
Apply FIX-A-LEAK directly to the leak using a squeeze bottle, similar to a ketchup bottle. Allow a minimum of 48 hrs. to cure before starting up circulation.
For Bath Tubs
Once you determine the leak has stopped, drain your tub. Properly wipe down the spa with a wet cloth, nothing abrasive. Allow to dry for 4-5 days to all FIX A LEAK to properly cure.